Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym Course Content
The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym course will enable you to work in a gym as a Fitness Instructor. There are no entry requirements for this course; however it is recommended learners have a keen interest in the fitness industry and a range of GCSE’s grade C+. The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym course can be studied online via an interactive online portal or face to face – delivered as a part time or intensive course. There are lots of different course styles so making sure you choose the right one is important.
The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym course should cover the following;
- Anatomy and Physiology – bones and joints, muscles, energy systems, cardiorespiratory, nervous system
- Principles of Exercise Fitness and Health – principles of training, cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, motor fitness, special populations
- Health and Safety – controlling risks, safeguarding, emergency procedures,
- Supporting Clients – relationships, communication, barriers, customer service, behaviour changes, goal setting and client retention and referrals
Gym Based Exercise Units
- Information gathering – par q, interview, client observation, physical measurements and client lifestyle questionnaire
- Warm ups – mobility exercise, static stretches, cv exercise
- Cardiovascular training – upright cycle, recumbent cycle, treadmill, stepper, rowing machine, cross trainer
- Resistance training – seated chest press, seated row, shoulder press,, lateral pull down, bench press, triceps push down, leg press, seated abductor, seated adductor, seated knee extension, thigh curl, abdominal machine and lower back machine
- Free weights – front raise, single arm row, bent arm pullover, shoulder press, lateral raise, upright row, chest flyes, bench press, prone flye, supine tricep press, single arms tricep press, biceps curl, deadlift, lunge with dumbbell, squats with barbell or dumbbell
- Body Weight exercises – press ups, sit ups, abdominal curls, oblique twists, back extension, lunch, squat
- Cool downs – maintenance and developmental stretches and cv exercise
- Planning sessions
- Instructing sessions
- Devising programmes
- Teaching skills
During the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym course you will undertake three different style assessments – two multiple choice theory exams, practical observation and a work assessment booklet. You are required to achieve full marks for each assessment to pass each unit.
Once this course has been completed you can then progress on to studio group based courses including Circuits, Spin, Pump, Exercise to Music, Studio Resistance and even Level 3 Personal Training course, the options are endless.